Friday, April 19, 2013

Hello Trimester #2

What a crazy few weeks it has been!

Thus the reason I missed last weeks post.. Ok, honestly that isn't the only reason.. there is only so much you can talk about at this point in pregnancy and school. However this week was a bit more exciting! On Sunday we went to a friend's baby shower.. Their little bundle of joy is due in the middle of June. It was so fun and made me so excited for when we get to start having parties and celebrating our little nugget! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday brought in more snow than we have seen ALL winter long! As you can see from my picture below it is finally sunny and starting to melt, but 2 feet doesn't just disappear in a day or two.

Wednesday however, was probably one of the most exciting moments of my life. We had our second prenatal appointment and after 15 minutes of questions and scheduling our 20 week ultrasound.....WE GOT TO HEAR OUR BABY'S HEART BEATING!! The little heart was racing like a person that had just finished a marathon.. 164 beats a second and not missing one.single.beat. It was kind of a surreal moment because for the past 13 weeks I have known there was a baby in there, and it is quickly growing... but I guess it was never quite real until we heard that heart beat. Baby Frink is now in his/her second trimester and is growing like a weed! This week baby measures in at almost 3 inches, a peach is the fruit they compare his/her size to. 
I've been feeling much better as far as being nausous goes, however the exhaustion is still coming on full force which I think is because of school AND the little baby growing inside me. 6 months to go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment