Friday, December 11, 2015

Mommy Mary

Something I had never really thought of prior to having children was Mary, ya know - Jesus' mother. You hear about her getting pregnant and giving birth to Jesus, but after that, we don't hear much. Now that I have started going through the craziness of motherhood I can't help but have SO many questions. The same goes for Jesus - we hear about his birth, and then after that, not much untill he is quite a bit older. We know that he was human, so I will let my questions flow, and my fellow mothers can wonder with me.

Was he bad when it came to teething?
Did he get sick alot when he was a kid?
Did he go through terrible twos?
Did he potty train early or late?
When did he learn to walk and crawl and sit?
Did he talk back to his mother?
OR was he the perfect child - no talking back, no acting out, no teething tears, potty trained from birth....

Isn't it strange to think that Jesus was a little baby boy that nursed and spit up and probably talked back? Can you imagine going through your pregnancy and raising a baby that you KNEW was going to change the world? We all dream about what our children will be, and how they will be world changers, but He was THE world changer.

"Mary did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod."
"When you kiss your little baby - you kiss the face of God."

How powerful and humbling is that? I mean I could kiss my babies for days.. their soft little cheeks that are just begging for smooches. I'm sure Mary felt that same way about Jesus.

These are all just my random thoughts that I can't help but consider as we come up to Christmas and celebrate the birth of our savior. I can't help but think that Mary went through a painful labor in a BARN (WHAT?!?!?!) and gave birth to a baby (how much did he weigh? how long was he?) and raised this man that would change the world. I know that my children are not called to be Jesus, but they are called to be LIKE Jesus. It is my job to walk with them through these challenges and teach them to be Christ-like. What an incredible calling we have as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment