Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fish and Whales and Sharks, OH MY!

My crafty side has finally started to appear now that we have a little baby on the way! I have successfully painted a dresser, and 2 paintings. Which for me is quite the accomplishment!

For the dresser I sanded it, put on 2 coats of oil based primer, and then painted it in a Cotton colored paint and painted the fish on it. The whale I just painted with Acrylic and did the 3 different canvases. SO EASY! I'm so excited to have it all done! However, it is hard for me to tell myself that baby doesn't really care what his nursery looks like because I care so much. Funny how that works out huh? Oh well. Fish and whales and turtles and sharks will adorn his nursery and in a few years, or when he has babies of his own, he'll understand and be grateful his daddy and I decorated his nursery:)
Before


AFTER!!
The shark painting my increadably talented husband painted :)
And the turtles.. Makes me think of Finding Nemo for some reason.

I sewed the fish and painted the whale!

No comments:

Post a Comment